“Free Willy” star Jason James Richter wants to move on following his arrest for domestic violence.
Richter, who spent two nights in jail in October after he got into a heated fight with his now-ex-girlfriend, maintains there was never any physical altercation between the two of them.
“After having the domestic violence charges against me dropped due to inconsistencies in my ex’s story and no evidence to support her claims, I was hoping to move forward from this awful situation,” he told Page Six late Tuesday.
The 38-year-old actor was sentenced to four days in jail but received credit for the two already served earlier in the fall. The court dismissed his domestic violence charge, but he pleaded no contest to the other charge of vandalism.
“I never took any plea for a lesser punishment. I accidentally broke a door lock and plead no contest to vandalism,” he explained to us. “I was ordered to pay for the door (a total of $24). This situation is deeply embarrassing and upsetting. My character has been defamed … I always believed that these false charges would be dropped, and I just want to make it clear that there was an investigation and the findings were that there was no evidence to support her claims.”
Facing a 36-month probation period, Richter is thankful for those around him.
“I am grateful for the support from my family, friends and fans through the years and through this tough time,” he said.
Source: Read Full Article