- Lizzo won top song sales artist at the 2020 Billboard Music Awards on Wednesday.
- During her acceptance speech, the singer paid homage to "the big Black women" who came before her and "refused to have their voices be suppressed."
- "When people try to suppress something, it's normally because that thing holds power. They're afraid of your power," Lizzo said onstage.
- "So whether it's through music, protest, or your right to vote — use your power, use your voice, and refuse to be suppressed."
- The "Truth Hurts" singer-rapper wore a black minidress that had the word "vote" emblazoned repeatedly.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Source: Read Full Article