A ‘BORED’ mum decided to jazz up her cleaning routine by creating rainbow design in the loo with her cleaning products, but was warned it could be dangerous.
Emma Dunbar, a housekeeper, was cleaning the bathroom when she felt creative, and used a couple bottles of toilet cleaner to create a striped effect.
She went for a blue, pink and green design in the bowl, and took a snap of her handiwork.
Emma uploaded it to Facebook group Cleaning Hacks, Tips & Recommendations (UK Group), where she said: “When you get sick of looking at boring old toilets.”
But she was immediately inundated with warnings from people, who told her mixing chemicals could be dangerous.
One person said: “End up with chemical reaction. But does look nice.”
When you get sick of looking at boring old toilets
Another wrote: “Mixing products is dangerous b4 anyone laughs lookup deaths of mixing toilet products it strips your lungs.”
A third commented: “Yay mixing chemicals.”
This person scolded: “Looks lovely but encouraging people to chemical mix!”
While this person added: “Not funny or clever. Dangerous mixing chemicals.”
Emma later updated her post confirming she didn’t mix anything hazardous, assuring she was properly trained.
She added: “I am not promoting that anyone mix chemicals, this is not mixed chemicals, it is different colours of the same product.
“I am coshh (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) trained and know how dangerous it is to mix chemicals.
After revealing she used Duck toilet cleaner in three different shades, she added: “I’m not daft enough to mix anything that can cause a reaction."
But people have been warned by officials to never to mix cleaning products, with Avon Fire & Rescue Service (AF&RS) issuing a statement last year.
Darren Kingston, Station Manager and Hazmat lead for AF&RS, said: "People often think that if one product works, mixing it with another one will make it even better, but this is not the case.
"Certain products, which are safe when used alone, can sometimes cause harmful fumes or other chemical reactions when mixed with other products.
“We are urging people to always read and follow the instructions and never mix cleaning products.”
Meanwhile this mum moved her sofa for the first time in years and is horrified by all the junk her kids have dropped behind it.
And this woman used wrapping paper for curtains to keep warm, but people think her house looks like a magazine now.
Plus these parents make girl, 3, her dream princess castle bedroom & it’s even got a bed with a slide AND a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Source: Read Full Article