We've compared lookalike baubles costing just a few pounds or less from Poundland, Wilko and Home Bargains to ones from posh shops including Harrods and Fortnum & Mason – so can you tell the difference?
Poundland, Home Bargains and Wilko all sell Christmas decorations from £1 to help shoppers deck their halls on the cheap.
It might surprise some, but many of these discount stores are selling decorations that wouldn't look out of place in a posh magazine.
In fact, many look uncannily similar to ones on sale at places like Harrods, Selfridges and Fortnum & Mason.
With these posh shops selling decorations for up to £995, these stunning ornaments are out of reach for most people.
But there is a way to bag these luxury decorations for far less, as we can reveal.
We've found the decorations on sale at discount shops that will fool your friends into thinking you've been shopping at some of the most exclusive shops in the country.
From hanging pom pom puffs to personalised glass baubles, you'd never be able to tell at a glance that these decorations didn't come from Harrods, Selfridges or Fortnums – and it could save you up to £60.
Of course, the quality may not be quite as good, as often the cheaper lookalikes are made with plastic instead of glass or fake fur.
But with many costing just £1, you could buy several in case the others break easily, and it would still cost far less than buying the more expensive ornaments.
1. London Red Bus Decoration (price difference: £19)
- Harrods London Bus Decoration, £20 – buy now
- Poundland North Pole Bus Hanging Decoration, £1 – in stores only
2. Personalised Bauble (price difference: £9.96)
- Selfridges Twenty Seven Personalised Stars Bauble, £15.95 – buy now
- Home Bargains Gold Glitter Name Only Reindeer Glass Bauble, £5.99 – buy now
3. Pom Pom Bauble (price difference: £24)
- A by Amara Furry Baubles Set of 2, Brown, £26 – buy now
- Wilko Christmas Alpine Home Grey Fur Tree Decoration, £1 (or £2 for two) – buy now
4. Treat Decorations (price difference: £60)
- Fortnum & Mason, Bombki Little Treats Ornaments Set, £65 – buy now
- Poundland Single Dec Donut/Cupcake/Ice Cream, £1 each (£5 for five) – in stores only
5. Light Up Bauble (price difference: £8.88)
- Amazon, OOTB Glass Bauble with 15 White LED, £10.88 – buy now
- Wilko Country Christmas LED Bauble, £2 – buy now
6. Postbox Tree Decoration (price difference: £9)
- Harrods Glitter Postbox Christmas Decoration, £10 – buy now
- Poundland British Icon Decoration, £1 – in stores only
The Sun has asked all high-end brands for comment.
Buying these discount lookalike baubles isn't the only way to save money decorating your home for Christmas this year.
Savvy shoppers have revealed how you can turn your home into a winter wonderland for under £10 by making your own wreaths and buying reduced items.
You could also try selling your old decorations to make some extra cash after a man made £400 by selling vintage 1930s ornaments.
It comes after it was revealed that millennials are swapping traditional decorations for unicorns and flamingos this year.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 78 24516. Don't forget to join the Sun Money's Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.
Source: Read Full Article