Harry Maguire returns to Man Utd training ground for first time since Mykonos arrest following Soccer Aid appearance

HARRY MAGUIRE has returned to Manchester United's training ground for the first time since his Greece arrest.

The Old Trafford captain, 27, was at the wheel of a white BMW as he drove into Carrington this morning.

Maguire made his first public outing since last month's incident in Mykonos at last night's Soccer Aid charity match.

MAN UTD NEWS LIVE: Click here for the latest United news

But it was back to the day job today ahead of United's first game of the new Premier League season at home to Crystal Palace on September 19.

England stars Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard and Chris Smalling were among the other players reporting for duty.

But all eyes will be on Maguire and his return to the big stage.

The former Leicester defender faces a retrial after being handed a suspended jail sentence.

Maguire was convicted of aggravated assault, resisting arrest and repeated attempts of bribery .

The arresting officer on the night the fight erupted claimed Maguire launched into a foul-mouthed tirade at cops as they tried to detain him.

A statement, printed in Greek media, alleges Maguire told cops: "F*** you all, f*** off, f*** the Greek police, f*** policeman, f*** Greece, f*** the Greek civilisation, I don't give a s**t".

The £85million defender is then said to have pushed officers along with brother Joe and friend Chris Sharman, who were found guilty alongside Maguire.

But he denied throwing any punches and rubbished claims he tried to bribe the police, with his lawyers lodging an appeal against his convictions.

The move nullifies the initial verdict and means there will be a retrial in a more senior court.

Emotional Maguire recently spoke out about the Mykonos horror – claiming he was "scared for his life".

Breaking his silence, a defiant Harry told the BBC: "I did nothing wrong."

Maguire said plain clothes cops whacked him repeatedly and taunted him by saying "your career is over, no more football, you won't play again".

He added: "I thought we were getting kidnapped.

"We got down on our knees, we put our hands in the air, they just started hitting us.

"And at this point I thought there is no chance these are police or I don't know who they are so I tried to run away, I was in that much of a panic, fear, scared for my life. All the way through it."

Source: Read Full Article