‘I’m on fire’: Woman says grill at hibachi restaurant ‘exploded’ in her face

Her birthday celebration went up in smoke.

An Arkansas woman says the grill at a hibachi restaurant where she was hosting her birthday party “exploded” in her face, leaving her with first-degree burns.

“It happened so fast, I kind of just jumped back and I was like, ‘I’m on fire,’” Samantha Myers told local outlet KATV.

Myers, 26, said she and her family were eating at Kimono Japanese Steak House in Paragould Sunday when the chef attempted a fiery trick.

He drew a heart on the grill with a liquid and lit it — sending flames bursting into Myers’ face and setting himself on fire as well, she said.

The birthday girl ran to the bathroom to splash water on her face. No employees helped, although the restaurant paid for her meal, she said.

The flames burnt Myers’ eyelashes and eyebrows and singed her hair. She also had second-degree burns on her neck and chest, she said.

Doctors on Tuesday began treating her for an infection on her eyelids, she said.

“I just feel emotionally and physically drained,” she told the station. “I’m tired, and I’m hurting pretty badly.”

She said she plans to sue the restaurant, which didn’t respond to a request for comment from the outlet.

Source: Read Full Article