Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Friday that he tested negative for the coronavirus — but was reconsidering his upcoming trip to Asia as a precaution after President Trump and first lady Melania Trump were diagnosed with the illness.
“I’m feeling fantastic,” the top US diplomat told reporters traveling with him to Dubrovnik, Croatia, the last stop on a short European tour, according to Agence France-Presse.
Pompeo said he was tested “about 30 minutes ago” — just a few hours after Trump’s announcement — and added that it was the fourth time he had been tested during the past two and a half weeks.
He said he has not interacted with Trump since the Abraham Accords were signed in Washington on Sept. 15, when the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain and recognized Israel.
“We are praying for the president and first lady that they’ll have a speedy recovery,” Pompeo said.
Trump announced his diagnosis on Twitter early Friday.
“Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!” he said.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article