Teenage thug who stabbed grandfather to death found guilty of murder

‘I have just done an M bro’: Teenage thug, 18, who stabbed grandfather to death in row over cigarette in park then bragged on social media is found guilty of murder

  • Leary Dalton-Byrne stabbed Dean Ward when he didn’t give him a cigarette 
  • The teenager repeatedly knifed the grandfather in the leg in the vicious attack 
  • After the carving knife attack he bragged that he had ‘just done an M’ online
  • He was convicted of the murder at Birmingham Crown Court on Friday  

Leary Dalton-Byrne (pictured) was on Friday found guilty of the murder after stabbing the grandfather with a carving knife

This is the teenage killer who brutally murdered a grandfather in a park and then boasted to friends: ‘I’ve done an M’.

Leary Dalton-Byrne repeatedly stabbed Dean Ward with a carving knife in Finchley Park, Birmingham, on June 20 this year.

Mr Ward, who was 45, was walking through the park with a friend at around 6.30am when they were approached by Dalton-Byrne and another youth.

The defendant asked him for a cigarette and, when he said he didn’t have any because he didn’t smoke, the 18-year-old launched a vicious attack, stabbing his legs several times.

Mr Ward’s friend flagged down another person in the park and called an ambulance. 

But despite being rushed to hospital for emergency treatment, he died a week later as a result of complications caused by his injuries.

Just hours after the attack Dalton-Byrne bragged to friends about what he’d done, saying: ‘I have just done an M bro’, and gave details of stabbing Mr Ward in the leg and shoulder.

Dean Ward (pictured, left) was stabbed to death by Dalton-Byrne (pictured, right, then teenager’s mugshot) after he didn’t have a cigarette to give him 

  • Four men are stabbed in horror knife attack in North London…

    Horrifying moment stabbing victim is left writhing around…

Share this article

His confession was recorded and circulated on social media, leading to his arrest and subsequent charge.

In custody he denied being responsible, instead claiming the friend he was with in the park carried out the attack.

The teenager is due to be sentenced after being found guilty of the murder on Friday (pictured, police at the crime scene)

Dalton-Byrne continued to profess his innocence, but was convicted of murder at Birmingham Crown Court on Friday following a trial. Sentencing was adjourned until February 1.

Following the verdict there were clashes between the families of the victim and the defendant and Timothy Raggatt QC, defending, said it might help for time to pass before sentencing ‘for temperatures to cool.’

Mr Raggatt said: ‘He is someone with difficulties and has a damaged personality in many ways. To be quite blunt whether he comprehends the enormity of what he has done is not exactly clear.’


Source: Read Full Article