The law enforcement has apparently launched an investigation into the incident where the ‘Jesus Walks’ hitmaker grabbed a woman’s phone and threw it away.
AceShowbiz –Kanye West has become the suspect in a battery investigation. The inquiry was launched after the controversial 45-year-old rapper was involved in a “heated exchange” with a woman who was filming him on her phone in Los Angeles and it escalated to him allegedly grabbing her device and throwing it away.
It is unclear if the woman was a photographer or a member of the public who was videoing him, TMZ reports. In the video, Kanye was seen accusing the woman of following him while she exclaimed, “You’re a celebrity,” and continued to record. He proceeded to grab the phone and throw it into the street. While the incident occurred, Kanye’s new wife Bianca Censori was waiting in his SUV.
A law enforcement source told TMZ that Kanye is the “named suspect in a battery investigation, deputies from the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department were called to the scene and were provided video evidence of the incident.”
Last year, Kanye was accused of jumping out of a car outside the Soho Warehouse club in Downtown Los Angeles and punching a man to the ground after he approached the rap star for an autograph.
The “Jesus Walks” hitmaker later admitted to punching the man outside the club. But, he dismissed the suggestion that the man was a fan of his and instead he suggested that he was simply trying to profit from getting his autograph.
However, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office decided not to file charges against the “Stronger” hitmaker. A spokesperson said, “Regarding the incident involving Kanye West that took place January 13, 2022, after a thorough and careful review of all the evidence, our office is declining to file based on no reasonable likelihood of conviction.”
You can share this post!
Source: Read Full Article