Prince Harry and Meghan heckled as they step out in New York
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Piers Morgan, 57, has hit out on social media as he called into question Meghan Markle, 41, and Prince Harry’s latest achievement where the duo were honoured. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex touched down in New York earlier on Tuesday to receive in person the Ripple of Hope gong, distributed by the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights organisation (RFKHR).
Last month, the RFKHR’s president – and daughter of Robert F. Kennedy – Kerry Kennedy hailed the Sussexes for showing “moral courage” by taking a stance against the “structural racism” they saw in the Firm, despite knowing that by doing so, they “would be ostracised, they would lose their family, their position within this structure, and that people would blame them for it”.
Harry and Meghan made allegations of racism and neglect within The Firm during a tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey last year.
Piers has since fumed at the couple’s prestigious honour and also called into question Hollywood actor, Alec Baldwin’s, attendance.
Alec, who accidentally shot and killed “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, last year, attended the star-studded event with his wife Hilaria Baldwin, 38.
Taking to Twitter today, the Uncensored host hit out at the Sussexes “preaching about healing” while accepting an award from the Rust actor who hosted the gala.
Piers tweeted: “Princess Pinocchio and Harry Hypocrite preaching about ‘healing’ as they accept an award for trashing their family as a bunch of vile callous racists, from a bloke who shot a woman dead last year, is peak Duke & Duchess of Netflix bullsh*t.”
In October, Alec reached a settlement with the family of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, after she was killed on a film set when he fired a prop gun.
All parties believe Ms Hutchins’ death was an accident, her husband said.
The exact terms of the settlement, which is subject to court approval, have not been disclosed.
At the event, Alec admitted to reporters that he was unaware of Harry and Meghan’s upcoming bombshell Netflix series.
Prior to the couple’s arrival, Alec, who was set to be the MC for the night, was quizzed on what he thought of them.
“I was kind of shocked for them to come here and do this,” he confessed.
Asked what he admires most about the pair, he added: “To handle difficult circumstances in the press without having too much difficulty. There’s always going to be certain difficulties.”
During the gala event, the Sussexes announced a new collaboration between their own non-profit organisation and the RFKHR.
Sean Lock leaves ‘£4million to wife and kids’ after comic’s death[LATEST]
Lorraine Kelly issues apology after health woes sparks concern[TWITTER]
Kate Winslet hasn’t aged a day as she wears 2015 dress at Avatar event[PICTURES]
“We are honored to receive the RFK Ripple of Hope Award this year, and to partner with the Kennedy family in the creation of The Archewell Foundation Award for Gender Equity in Student Film,” the pair said in a statement. “Our hope with this award is to inspire a new generation of leadership in the arts, where diverse up and coming talent have a platform to have their voices heard and their stories told.
“The values of RFK Foundation and The Archewell Foundation are aligned in our shared belief of courage over fear, and love over hate. Together we know that a ripple of hope can turn into a wave of change,” they added.
RFKHR President Kerry said the organisation chose to honor the pair because it was “proud of their work on racial justice and mental health parity and awareness” and for “showing up when people really need them.”
Later during the gala, Prince Harry joked with the crowd during an onstage Q&A about how he thought the couple had left their kids at home for a “date night.”
“To be honest with you, Kerry, I actually thought we were just going on date night. So I found it quite weird that we’re sharing the room with 1,500 people,” the duke quipped.
Meanwhile, in an earlier post, Piers accused the Sussexes of “monetising hatred of the Royal Family.”
His comments were in response to Labour MP Chris Bryant who suggested news coverage “knowingly monetises hatred” of the couple and that columnists write “drivel” about them “not because the writer genuinely cares about it, but because it makes money”.
Harry & Meghan is available to stream on Netflix from December 8.
Source: Read Full Article