I was hospitalised for three days after a bikini wax gone wrong – I swelled up like a rugby ball | The Sun

A WOMAN has recalled how she was hospitalised for three days after a bikini wax went wrong.

Abbs took to her TikTok page to explain an ingrown hair led to a massive cyst, and she ended up going to hospital.

"It was about six years ago…" she began.

"My friend needed a model for waxing and, as I do for anything that’s free these days, I put my hand up and I made my way to the salon.

"When we got there, I laid on the table, spread my legs wide and I tell you what, that pain will never leave me.

"If you can get (a bikini wax) you are a legend, because I’ll never go back."


The best makeup dupes for your favourite brands including YSL’s Touche Eclat

Primark’s latest skincare dupes for high-end beauty products

After the wax, she left the salon and all was fine until two days later when she got into the bath and felt an "excruciating pain".

She got her boyfriend to take a look, and then got a mirror to have a look herself – at which point she saw a "massive cyst".

Abbs decided to put some Sudocrem on the cyst and hope for the best, but two days later, things became even worse.

"I woke up… and my (bits) were the size of a rugby ball," she said.

Most read in Fabulous


I'm a mould expert… here's my top tip to keep condensation on windows at bay


I decided to tint my eyebrows then fake tan – it was one of my biggest mistakes


Dog expert reveals the worst behaved dogs – people are stunned by his first pick


Doctors told me my baby would weigh 9lbs at birth, but they were way off

"It quadrupled and it was hanging down with the weight of what was inside of it.

"I couldn’t walk, I couldn’t put knickers on, I couldn’t put jeans on."

She had to go to the local hospital to get treated.

At first, they gave her gas and air for the pain as they tried to squeeze it.

But that didn't work so she had to go under anaesthetic to have it drained.

Once the procedure was done, she was told that they hadn't managed to get all the substance out, so she had to take a bath at the hospital and try and remove it herself.

"My god that sounds horrific," one person commented on the video.

"I was holding my legs together whilst listening to your story!" another added.

As a third wrote: "This happened to me I thought I’d banged it on the pole at work and turned out it was a cyst the size of a golf ball I had to be carried to hospital."

Source: Read Full Article