How to clean your oven while you SLEEP: Mum-of-two shares her simple ‘game changing’ technique – and you only need four ingredients
- Mum-of-two Chantel Mila shared how she deep cleans her oven while she sleeps
- Chantel said you only need some baking soda, dish soap, water and vinegar
- This works because baking soda is alkaline, so it cuts through acidic oven grease
- In the past, Chantel shared a series of home hacks for cleaning your appliances
A Melbourne mother-of-two has shared how she deep cleans her oven while she sleeps, and you only need four ingredients.
Chantel Mila posted on TikTok, where she said the method is ‘oven cleaning made easy’.
‘To clean your oven while you sleep, you’ll need 1/2 cup of baking soda, one tablespoon of dish soap and water,’ Chantel posted.
Scroll down for video
A Melbourne mother-of-two has shared how she deep cleans her oven while she sleeps, and you only need four ingredients (Chantel Mila pictured)
Combine these three ingredients until you have a ‘smooth paste’ that is easy to spread.
‘Apply a thin layer to your oven and leave it on overnight,’ Chantel said.
The next morning, simply find a cloth and wipe down the surfaces, taking care to remove the paste and focusing on any difficult areas.
You should follow this by spraying your oven with white vinegar, which will help to remove any ‘residue’ or grease.
Leave the magic solution to work overnight, before you then spray it with white vinegar to remove any ‘residue’ or leftover grease
The reason why this works is because baking soda is alkaline, which means it cuts through any acidic oven grease.
Meanwhile, the dish soap will ‘help to soften any built up grease’.
‘If you find it still doesn’t work, try leaving the mixture on for longer, or you may need to repeat the process a few times if there is a lot of built-up grease,’ Chantel said.
‘But it works a treat!’
How to make Chantel’s oven cleaning solution
Chantel shared her simple solution for cleaning your oven (pictured)
1/2 cup of baking soda
One tablespoon of dish soap
1. Combine 1/2 cup of baking soda, one tablespoon of dish soap and some water together to make a ‘smooth paste’.
2. Smoothe a thin layer of the paste onto your oven and leave it on overnight.
3. Find a cloth and wipe down the surfaces, taking care to remove the paste and focusing on any difficult areas.
4. Spray your oven with white vinegar, which will help to remove any ‘residue’ or grease.
5. Repeat if necessary.
Source: Mama Mila
The mum has built up a huge following of 200,000 people online, who turn to her for home improvement and cleaning hacks (oven cleaning pictured)
Within an hour of posting the brief video, it had already amassed close to 5,000 views.
Many said they would give the simple homemade solution a try:
‘That’s awesome, I’m going to try it,’ one person posted.
‘Obsessed, will definitely do this,’ another added.
In the past, Chantel has shared videos on everything from the secret to perfectly fluffy pillows to how to clean out your washing machine.
Her home tips and ‘hacks’ have amassed the mum-of-two close to 200,000 followers online.
Source: Read Full Article