DEONTAY WILDER's coach Malik Scott insists he doesn't believe a wordTyson Fury says after The Gypsy King's claim to be pals with MMA superstar Conor McGregor.
In October 2019, The Gyspy King claimed McGregor agreed to train him for an MMA fight – a claim the UFC's poster boy denied.
And McGregor's denial of ever agreeing to work with the WBC heavyweight champion has had a lasting impact on Scott.
He told ES News: "We're dealing with a fighter that I believe nothing he says.
"We're dealing with a fighter that said him and Conor McGregor are something like best friends and then McGregor said he don't even know the guy."
Wilder, 35, was due to renew his rivalry with Fury a fortnight on Saturday in Las Vegas.
But an outbreak of Covid-19 in Fury's camp has led to the postponement of the pair's Sin City trilogy fight.
BETTING SPECIAL – Get McGregor to win by knockout, TKO or DQ at 40/1
Fury, 32, was one of TEN members of his camp to test positive for Covid.
The former unified heavyweight champion of the world has yet to address his positive test.
An official announcement on the postponement of the fight has also yet to be made.
SunSport understands the third instalment of Fury vs Wilder is on course to take place in October.
Wilder, however, is still continuing preparations to fight on July 24.
Scott told ES News: "I don't care what the media's reporting.
"If this is supposed to be a distraction, we're not distracted at all."
Brit Dillian Whyte is willing to step up and face The Bronze Bomber on two weeks' notice.
On Friday morning, Whyte's promote Eddie Hearn tweeted: "Spoke to @DillianWhyte – he is due to fight end of August but ready to jump in July 24 v Wilder."
Both Fury and Wilder haven't fought since their Las Vegas rematch in February 2020.
The Gypsy King won his second encounter with the previously unbeaten American in emphatic fashion, registering a seventh-round TKO victory at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Source: Read Full Article