Boy, 14, 'told cops he received Snapchat death threats' five days before being chased and fatally stabbed in Birmingham

A 14-YEAR-OLD boy allegedly told cops he received Snapchat death threats just days before he was fatally stabbed.  

The lad, named locally as Deajohn Reid, was stabbed by thugs in a mass brawl on Monday – with West Midlands Police now referring the case to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

It is understood he had allegedly told officers he had received murder threats over social media app Snapchat – but they failed to arrange a meeting to help protect him.

Detectives yesterday arrested four men aged 33, 35, 36 and 38, and two boys aged 13 and 14, for murder.

It came after seven suspects were seen running away after a fight broke out between two big groups near a McDonald’s in Birmingham.

Police were called after the 7.30pm knifing in the Kingstanding area of the West Midlands city, and officers tried to save him – but Deajohn died at the scene.


The Sun understands police were supposed to arrange a meeting with Deajohn the day after last Wednesday's incident, which saw him collapse after a lengthy chase, but it did not go ahead.

West Midlands Police says it has referred the case to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

It said: “As part of the investigation, officers are looking at previous incidents involving the victim and we have voluntarily referred the case to the IOPC.”

The suspects were arrested in Walsall, Cheshire and Kingstanding, while two men handed themselves in. All six remained in custody today.

Witnesses said the killers were “like a pack of feral animals”.

It had initially been rumoured that it was a racist assault but cops have ruled that out.


Community activist Desmond Jaddoo comforted the boy’s mother after the incident.

He said yesterday: "I was here last night with the boy's mother and friends who had gathered and they were naturally inconsolable.

"She has lost her 14-year-old boy who had his whole life ahead of him and will never return home.”

Det Ch Insp Stu Mobberley, who is leading the investigation for West Midlands Police, said: “We’ve made rapid progress on the investigation so far and these arrests are a significant step forward.

“Our officers have executed a series of warrants in the region and we’ve worked with police forces outside the area to apprehend suspects.

“We’re still speaking to witnesses and really need to hear from anyone who has seen or heard something, even if they think we may already know or they’re not sure how important it is.

“We are aware of many different rumours circulating about the motive for the murder but we are keeping an open mind and pursuing all lines of enquiry. We ask people not to speculate on social media.”

    Source: Read Full Article