A FORMER X Factor judge has been accused of sexual assault by an ex-colleague who claims the music mogul attacked her multiple times, derailing her career in the music industry, according to a bombshell lawsuit.
The suit, filed in Federal District Court in Manhattan, accuses music executive L.A. Reid, born Antonio Reid, of sexually assaulting and harassing former colleague Drew Dixon when she worked for him at Arista Records in the early 2000s.
The record executive, who has worked with musicians like Usher, Pink, and Mariah Carey, appeared as a judge on the first two seasons of The X Factor.
Dixon has reportedly filed in the lawsuit that she was assaulted twice in 2001, according to The Guardian.
She claimed that the first incident occurred on a private plane that took executives to Puerto Rico in January 2001.
Dixon alleged that Reid played with her hair, kissed her, and penetrated her without consent.
READ MORE ON THE X-FACTOR
Brutal serial killer 'murdered 11 women and raped corpse of beheaded victim'
The second allegation was said to have occurred a few months later in a car ride from a New York event.
She claimed that Reid groped, kissed, and penetrated her without her consent.
Dixon also alleged that Reid promised her a successful career in the music industry, but this changed after she rejected his sexual advances.
She alleges that the former CEO cut her budget and sidelined her artists, as she allegedly stopped his advances.
Most read in The US Sun
Greedy son and wife jailed for robbing parents of £117k, leaving them with 28p
I tested supermarket steak pies – the best is just £2.99 and is good as any pub’s
Corrie’s Alan Halsall undergoes major surgery that will take a year to recover from
Love Island star confirms split after boyfriend’s arrest
"This litigation is not only about the horrific physical assaults that Ms. Dixon had to endure, but it is also about the irreparable damage done to the rare and blossoming career of an extraordinary talent," the lawsuit said:
Dixon has sued Reid for an unspecified compensatory amount and punitive damages.
She sued under New York's Adult Survivors Act, which allows alleged victims of sexual abuse a one-year window to sue, even for old cases, according to the Associated Press.
This act was passed a year ago, and the deadline is November 24.
Reid, 67, left his role as the CEO of Epic Records in 2017 after he was also accused of sexual harassment by a former female assistant.
Dixon had previously accused Reid of misconduct in December 2017, seven months after he left Epic Records.
In response to Dixon's allegations at the time, he told The New York Times at the time: "I’m proud of my track record promoting, supporting, and uplifting women at every company I’ve ever run.
"That notwithstanding, if I have ever said anything capable of being misinterpreted, I apologize unreservedly.”
Source: Read Full Article