‘Furious’ child killer Jon Venables to ‘fight Parole Board decision to keep him in jail’ – as James Bulger’s emotional father describes ‘mental torture’ he endures each day
- Jon Venables ‘went mad shouting and screaming’ after the decision
Child killer Jon Venables has sworn to fight the decision to keep him in jail after he ‘lost the plot’ hearing his parole bid has failed, it has been claimed.
The 41-year-old, who ‘went mad shouting and screaming’ after the parole board’s decision, insisted the expert had made the ‘wrong call’.
Venables has 21 days to submit an appeal after last Wednesday’s ruling which means the family of James Bulger still won’t have peace of mind this festive season.
The Parole Board agreed that Venables, who tortured and murdered two-year-old James, remained a danger to children and could not be trusted outside of jail.
Venables was just 10 when he and another boy took the toddler from a shopping centre and tortured and killed him before leaving his mutilated body by a railway line in 1993.
The parole board said they were concerned Venables has ‘continuing issues of sexual preoccupation’ and were ‘not satisfied’ he was safe to be back on the streets.
He was originally released from prison in 2001 but has since been returned behind bars twice for possessing indecent images of children.
He was granted a private two-day parole hearing after it was ruled it would ‘harm his mental health’ if it took place in public, but he did not attend to give evidence in person.
Jon Venables, (pictured in his mugshot thirty years ago), was just 10 years old when he brutally murdered toddler James Bulger before leaving his mutilated body by a railway line in 1993
The murder of James (pictured) by Venables and Thompson shocked the nation
James Bulger’s father Ralph spoke out about the parole board’s decision on TalkTv
A source told The Sun: ‘He was ranting and raving and promising to appeal and insisting he was the victim of a miscarriage of justice.
‘He does have the right to appeal, and knows as well as anyone how to exploit his rights.
READ MORE – Child killer Jon Venables ‘lost the plot’ and ‘went mad shouting and screaming’ after losing parole bid – as James Bulger’s mother says murderer ‘should never see the light of day AGAIN’
‘So, while James’ family cannot fully rest easy, they will take solace in in thinking Venables is likely to be laughed out of court in an appeal.
‘But they have been put through enough to know that anything can happen in this case.’
The father of murdered toddler James today spoke out of the ‘mental torture’ he experiences every day.
Speaking on TalkTv, Ralph said: ‘I’m glad he’s being kept in. The public’s a bit more safe for two years. It’s a bit of a result.
‘It’s just two years of not having to worry about him. He knows how to lie to them. He was taught to lie, to hide this identity so he knows what he’s doing.’
A source told The Sun that Venables ‘lost the plot’ when told his bid for freedom was rejected, adding: ‘He went mad, shouting and screaming.’
Kym Morris, spokeswoman and chairwoman of the James Bulger’s Memorial Trust for James’ mother Denise Fergus, said: ‘This is the day Denise has waited for years.
‘The prospect of him coming out was terrifying as we knew he’d harm again. This is a day we celebrate and we thank the parole board for making the correct decision.’
Robert Thompson, (pictured here in his mugshot), who murdered James Bulgar with Venables, has not reoffended since his release from prison
James Bulger was kidnapped by Venables and his co-accused Robert Thompson
James’ father and his uncle Jimmy Bulger added in a joint statement they were ‘relieved at the decision’, and that Venables’ continued offending after his release ‘had a traumatic impact on us’.
It was reported previously that James’ family had written to the Parole Board over suggestions that one of their son’s killers could be released.
A family source had said: ‘The family has written to the decision makers, saying they believe Venables is a danger to the public and to children, and that he needs to be kept locked up.’
The insider went on to say that it should be ‘a cut and dry case’ and that were was no need for extra time to debate if ‘monster’ Venables should be released.
READ MORE – Jon Venables’s bid for freedom is rejected by Parole Board just days after he said he was ‘completely rehabilitated’ following murder of toddler James Bulger
Venables’ parole bid already sparked controversy after it emerged that he skipped giving evidence during the two-day hearing to prevent ‘disproportionate emotional stress.’
Venables and fellow 10-year-old Robert Thompson horrified Britain when they snatched toddler James from a shopping centre in Bootle, Merseyside.
The pair kidnapped and tortured James, before leaving his mutilated body by a railway line 30 years ago.
The child killers were convicted of murder in November 1993 and detained indefinitely.
The pair were released aged 18 in 2001 after just eight years and given new identities. Thompson has not reoffended.
Following his released in 2001, Venables was recalled to prison twice, in 2010 and 2017, having been found to be in possession of indecent images of children.
Venables was turned down for parole in 2020 after serving his minimum 40 months.
After his 2001 release he was given a new name – which may happen if he is freed again. Previous conditions placed on Venables included informing his parole officer if he ever got a job and getting their permission before leaving the UK.
He had to regularly see a forensic psychologist and was banned from contacting Robert Thompson or any member of James Bulger’s family.
He also had to ask his parole officer for permission to leave Merseyside, stay overnight in the same house as a child under 16 or spend time with anyone under 12
Source: Read Full Article