Man, 20, arrested for murder after delivery driver, 48, stabbed to death and two others knifed 'by serial slasher'

A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a delivery driver was stabbed to death and two others knifed nearby.

Leon Street, 48, died after being knifed in the chest in Neasden, North West London, on January 11.

The fatal stabbing was linked to another attack about ten minutes earlier that left a man in his 40s with non-life threatening injuries.

A third stabbing at about 9.50am on Sunday in the same area that left a man in his 30s in a non-life threatening condition has also been linked.

A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and two counts of GBH with intent and is being quizzed in custody.

Police are still working to discover a motive and said the attacker didn't appear to rob any of the victims or say anything of significance to them.

North West BCU Commander Louis Smith said: "Although there has been an arrest overnight in this investigation, three stabbings, one of which was fatal, have occurred in Neasden Lane North in the past week, so I am urging residents in that area to be extra vigilant if they are out and about in the coming days.

"Due to the COVID regulations, the public should only be going outside if it is absolutely essential.

"However, if residents in the Neasden Lane North area do have to go outside I would urge them to be alert and totally aware of their surroundings.

"Residents can also be reassured that patrols in the area have been stepped up and they can expect to see increased police visibility in the area."


Horrified witnesses told how they saw a man with a bloodied chest and a trail of blood after the third stabbing on Sunday.

One said: “I saw the guy. I was just walking down the road and he opened his jacket to me.

“He showed me his top and there was blood all over his chest.

“He just seemed to be wanting to tell me that he had been stabbed.

"Then he showed me his wound and carried on walking past. I walked down and I could see the trail of blood from the shops down to the corner where he’d walked up the road."

Hours later, a large kitchen knife was found lying on the grass in a nearby park, which has since been cordoned off by police.

Another resident spoke of how the victim was seen with blood pouring from his chest.

Michael Curry, 62, said: “My friend was on a job at the park and he came into Neasden to get his paper.

“The guy bumped into him and there was blood pouring out of his chest.

“Then another chap came up the underpass and he called the ambulance."


Police are now appealing for witnesses following the three stabbings and are trawling through CCTV.

Detective Chief Inspector Tom Williams (Specialist Crime) said: "There were people around Neasden Lane North on the evening of Monday 11 January and on Sunday morning who will have seen or heard something of note. I need those people to come forward.

“In particular, I want to hear from anyone who saw a man running or otherwise acting suspiciously in the Neasden Lane North area between 9pm and 10pm last Monday or at around 9.50am on Sunday morning.

"I also want to hear from anyone who has seen a man hanging around the area in recent weeks.

“If you have information that may assist, please do not delay in making contact with us. Even exceptionally small details could prove extremely significant.”

Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting 6783/11JAN.

To remain 100% anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit

Source: Read Full Article