Pictured: Teenager, 17, stabbed to death at end-of-term marquee party

Pictured: Charlie Cosser, 17, stabbed to death at end-of-term marquee party on £1.5m Sussex farmhouse

A 17-year-old who was stabbed to death at an end-of-term party at a £1.5million farmhouse was today pictured for the first time. 

Charlie Cosser died in hospital two days after being knifed ‘multiple times’ at the gathering in the grounds of 10-acre Balmohano Farmhouse, in Warnham, Sussex. 

His parents Tara and Martin, from Milford in Surrey, said their lives had been destroyed by the ‘tragic and unnecessary loss’ of their son – a talented footballer.

In a statement issued alongside their other children, Adam and Eloise, they said: ‘Our lives have been destroyed by the tragic and unnecessary loss of our son. 

‘Despite courageously battling right till the very end of his young and innocent life, his injuries were too severe and he tragically passed away on the evening of July 25. 

Charlie Cosser died in hospital on July 25, two days after being attacked at a party  

‘He was the most caring, cheeky, loving son and brother we could have ever wished for, and we cannot imagine a life without him.

‘Charlie’s wider family are deeply shocked and saddened by the sudden loss. His grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are struggling to come to terms with this tragic event.

‘Tributes have been pouring in from Charlie’s wide circle of friends which we would like to acknowledge have brought us huge comfort in our darkest hours.

‘We would also like to thank on our and Charlie’s behalf, all of the efforts of the emergency services who treated him on the scene, as well as the whole of the critical care team at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, who did absolutely everything they could to save our precious boy, with the upmost compassion, empathy, sympathy and care.

‘His ridiculously silly sense of humour will be deeply missed by everyone that knew and loved him.’

A 16-year-old boy from Chessington, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested and has since been charged with murder and possession of a bladed article.

He remains remanded in custody and is scheduled to appear before Crawley Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 27 July.

The marquee in the grounds of a £1.5m farmhouse where the attack took place 

A further 16-year-old boy, initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, is now being treated as a witness and will face no further action.

A 16-year-old girl from Horsham was arrested, and has since been charged with perverting the course of justice and assisting an offender. 

She also remains remanded in custody and is scheduled to appear before Crawley Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 27 July.

A 52-year-old woman, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been bailed pending further enquiries.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Kimball Edey, of the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team, said: ‘This remains a complex and fast-moving investigation, and we continue to appeal for anyone with any information about this tragic incident to come forward.

‘We know there were a number of young people in attendance at an event, and we are keen to speak to them.

‘In the meantime, we urge the public not to speculate about the incident on social media as it may jeopardise the ongoing investigation.’

Friends of the murdered teen took to social media to express their grief at the death of the popular teen.

One posted photos of the teen with a group drinking in a pub with the words ‘Justice4Cosser’.

The 17 year old played youth football for a team called Milford Pumas with his mum Tara acting as the club’s secretary.

Her husband Martin changed his Facebook cover photo on the day his son died, July 25th.

Martin’s photo showed Charlie and his older brother Adam at Wembley Stadium attending an England international. The posting attracted message of condolence.

Adam is manager of the Milford Green football club with Charlie a member of the squad.

The victim’s grandfather Steve is a Tory councillor and former Mayor of the stockbroker town of Godalming in Surrey.

He was too distraught to speak at his home answering the door in floods of tears.

Mr Cosser was a Surrey County councillor from 2009 until 2017 and Mayor of the town from 2011-2012.

Source: Read Full Article