THOMAS Markle today said he hoped to see his grandkids one day after his explosive falling out with pregnant daughter Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex this week announced they were expecting their second child together with son Archie to become a big brother.
👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news and gossip...
The couple shared a black and white picture of themselves under a tree, with a shoeless Harry, 36, resting his hand on Meghan's head as she cradles her bump.
And after the exciting news was shared, Meghan's estranged dad Thomas Markle revealed his hopes for the new baby.
Speaking to CBS TV’s Inside Edition, the 71-year-old said: "I wish Meghan and Harry a successful, healthy birth and I hope some day I get to see my grandchildren.
“They’re all royal grandchildren.”
Thomas — who has said he fears he is close to death — spoke from his home in Rosarito, Mexico, for the first time since the couple broke their happy news on Sunday.
Despite living 250 miles from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s £11million mansion in Montecito, California, he has never met 21-month-old Archie or Harry, 36.
It comes as…
- Meghan Markle will record her tell-all interview this week, it was reported
- Gayle King said nothing will be off limits
- Oprah's interview was reportedly in the works for three years
- Royal sources have claimed the interview will signify no way back into official duties for the pair
- The couple could lose their royal patronages after the interview – with reports the news of the interview has made the palace nervous
- News of the interview came a day after the couple announced Meghan was pregnant with their second child
Meghan has not spoken to Thomas since before her marriage to the Prince in May 2018.
She won a High Court privacy case last week after a British newspaper reprinted extracts of a letter she sent to her dad.
Thomas had promised to give evidence against his daughter.
He passed her handwritten letter to The Mail on Sunday after her pals referred to the correspondence in People magazine.
But Meghan won the case without the need for a trial.
The judge ruled that the publication of the letter was "manifestly excessive and hence unlawful".
Thomas said: “I am disappointed about this decision from the judge.
“I don’t know how you can judge a case without getting testimony from witnesses.
"Witnesses that want to speak. I’m not the only one who wants to speak.
“I am the one who went to the newspapers with this information and with this letter. They didn’t come to me, I went to them.
“And I went to them to give them part of this letter to defend myself against People magazine.
“So I don’t know how you can make a judgment until you have spoken to those people and me.”
In court papers, Thomas, who is clinically obese and has a heart condition and lung issues, said he feared he could “die tomorrow”.
Meghan said in a statement that the win was "a victory for all "because we all deserve justice and truth, and we all deserve better".
She issued a deeply personal reaction after the judgment, thanking husband Harry, her mother Doria Ragland and her legal team for their "unrelenting support" that followed "two long years of pursuing litigation".
Just days after the court victory, Meghan and Harry revealed they were expecting their second baby.
Their spokesman added: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”
The Queen and the rest of the royal family were said to be "delighted" at the news – with the baby due later this year.
And the exciting baby news comes just months after Meghan revealed her "unbearable grief" after suffering a miscarriage in July.
Betting opened last night on the likely names for the new baby with Charles and Diana among the front-runners.
The odds on a boy or girl are 10/11 apiece.
Alfie was the early favourite if it is a boy and Alexandra if it is a girl — both at 4/1.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article