Kelly Oubre Jr. is finally speaking out about the hit-and-run accident that left him with serious injuries last month … speaking with media in Philly ahead of his return to the basketball court on Wednesday.
Remember, the Philadelphia 76ers forward hasn’t played any basketball since he suffered a broken rib, in addition to hip and leg injuries, after he was struck by a vehicle on November 11.
The 27-year-old has kept quiet about the incident … until now, as he’s been cleared to play and is expected to be available against the Washington Wizards on Wednesday.
“First and foremost before anything, I just want to say thank you to my family and my friends, the 76ers organization, especially coach [Nick] Nurse, for the utmost support throughout this whole process,” Oubre said to the media on Monday.
“I’ve spoken to the police about this situation and they have an ongoing investigation. So I’ve spoken to who I need to speak to about it and I keep that where that is. I won’t be speaking on any details about that because they’re looking into it.”
Even with all the injuries, Oubre says he does not have any ill will towards the driver, saying he’s always about “love and peace”.
Kelly also addressed rumors he made up the incident.
“I’m just really blessed that it wasn’t worse than what it is and that I’m able to come back to work and smile, walk, talk, and breathe,” Oubre said. “So yeah, that’s what I have to say about the conspiracy theorists.”
Remember, TMZ Sports posted video, with permission, showing Oubre returning home after the accident, clearly in a great deal of pain. His wife immediately called 911, and Oubre was rushed to the hospital.
Oubre — who signed a 1-year, $2.9 million deal with the 76ers in September — was averaging 16.3 points and 5 rebounds a game before the incident.
Welcome back, KO!
Source: Read Full Article