I’m scared I’ll be scarred for life after I tried an egg cooking hack I saw on Loose Women and it exploded in my face

A MUM-of-two has revealed how she has been left with burns to her face, neck and chest after attempting a kitchen hack shown recently on Loose Women.

Áine Lynch, 35, had been watching Loose Women last Thursday when panellist Frankie Bridge showed off a hack to cooking poached eggs in the microwave.

The former Saturdays singer taught her fellow Loose Women – and viewers at home – how to crack an egg into a mug filled partly with water and place it in the microwave. 

Her fellow panellists were left impressed when she pulled out the 'perfect' poached egg from the microwave on set.

Áine, who works as a client executive for Vodafone, was also impressed and so, a couple of days later, decided to try the hack herself only for her breakfast to explode in her face.

She said: "On Saturday morning, my husband Johnny and I both got up and got the kids sorted out with breakfast and I started to make us breakfast at about 10.30am. 

“I'd seen this hack on Loose Women and thought I'd give poached eggs and bacon a go. 

“I filled a mug halfway with water, swirled it, cracked an egg in and put it on for 60 seconds.

"The egg came out overdone so I got another mug and did the same, only this time I put it in for 50 seconds.


• Move the person away from the heat

• Place the burn or scald under cool running water for 10 minutes minimum

• If the burn is to a child, larger than your hand, on the face, hands or feet, or is a deep burn, call 999.

• Remove jewellery and clothing around the area, unless stuck to the burn.

• Cover the burn loosely, lengthways with kitchen film to prevent infection

• Don’t burst blisters.

• Monitor and treat for shock if necessary.

• Tell them to seek medical advice.

"Once it was done, I lifted the mug out of the microwave and within seconds the egg exploded and sprayed the boiling water all over my chest, neck and face.

"I just started screaming for Johnny to come and I ran into the bathroom and started covering my chest and face in cold water.

"I soaked two flannels and kept the wounds cool while Johnny ran to our local chemist where Paul, the pharmacist, gave him cream and a burns pad and advised we go to A&E."

Áine, from Mayobridge, Co Down, Northern Ireland, has two young children, aged 22 months and 12 weeks.

She said: "We're very lucky, but even though it was just a 10-minute drive it felt like hours because the pain was excruciating.

"I was taken straight in, without Johnny because of Covid restrictions, and the nurses covered me in burns pads and blankets because my body was shivering with the cold caused by shock.

"All that kept going through my head was thank God I didn’t have one of the kids in my arms, especially my youngest as I'm usually holding her.

"I was in A&E for five hours and sent home with a bag of pain relief and lotions and dressings."

Áine hopes that she can spread awareness and warn others about the dangers of trying hacks like this one.#

Since the incident, she said: "Thankfully Johnny's work is very understanding and have given him the week off to look after the kids because the painkillers are so strong they leave me a bit drowsy, so it’s not safe to be alone with them.

"I’m finding it hard to sleep, so I’m now taking sleeping tablets. My emotions are really erratic now too, one minute I’m fine the next I’m crying my eyes out. I’m so afraid of being left with permanent scarring on my face."

In a Facebook post on Sunday, Áine shared her traumatic experience and said: "Don't poach eggs in the microwave. 

“I saw a hack on Loose Women and it's fair to say it was an epic fail.

“It's going to be a while before I’m back to myself but please God I’ll not have any lasting scars."

Recently, Strictly star AJ Pritchard’s girlfriend Abbie Quinnen was engulfed in fire after social media video went wrong.

Meanwhile, this is the shocking moment mum’s cleaning spray EXPLODES and blows out windows of family home.

    Source: Read Full Article