KEVIN Spacey has today been charged with a string of sex assault offences against three men.
The development comes after a probe was launched by the Met Police in 2017.
The Oscar-winning actor, 62, was charged with four counts of sexual assault and one other sex offence and is due to appear in court.
All the counts were allegedly carried out between 2005 and 2013 on men who are now aged in their 30s and 40s.
Four of the charges were said to have taken place in London and one was in Gloucestershire.
Rosemary Ainslie, Head of the CPS Special Crime Division, said: “The CPS has authorised criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 62, for four counts of sexual assault against three men.
Read more news
Shooter Salvador Ramos got into elementary school through backdoor to kill 21
Big Brother star accused of raping Brit tourist, 21, in Greece
“He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. The charges follow a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation.
“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”
It comes after a file was passed to the Crown Prosecution Service last April and since then further investigations have been carried out.
American Beauty star Spacey was interviewed under caution by the Met in 2019.
Most read in The Sun
Millions on Universal Credit to get £650 one-off payment, Rishi reveals
Ant and Dec reveal I'm A Celebrity WILL return to Australia for 2022 series
Rishi to cut energy bills for EVERY home by up to £400 today in £10bn package
Olivia Attwood wears another barely there swimsuit on holiday in Dubai
He wasn't arrested but spoke to officers about a number of allegations.
London's Old Vic theatre, where Spacey was an artistic director from 2004 to 2015, also apologised as it revealed it had received allegations of inappropriate behaviour.
Theatre bosses said a "cult of personality" had contributed to the organisation’s failings.
Spacey has denied all allegations against him and the final US criminal case was closed in July 2019.
But police in London launched their own probe over sex harassment claims during the star's time at the Old Vic.
Spacey was stripped of an International Emmy Award in the wake of the allegations.
His central character in acclaimed Netflix series House of Cards was also killed off after he was axed from the show.
In November last year, it emerged that a US arbitrator ordered Spacey to pay back nearly £24.6 million to the studio that made the hit show.
The payment was ordered for an alleged breach of contract over the sexual harassment claims.
MRC said it lost millions of dollars because it had already started working on the next season, the arbitration papers said.
The charges come after Spacey's new film dropped a trailer at the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday.
Peter Five Eight is the actor's first role in almost five years since the first sexual assault allegations came to light.
Read More on The Sun
Love Island star is unrecognisable with six pack and a beard in topless workout
I’m a single parent – I bought £257,000 home and saved hundreds on childcare
He plays a serial killer alongside Jet Jandreau with the film featuring the tagline: "The Guilty Always Pay the Price".
It is understood Spacey, who has appeared in films such as The Usual Suspects and Seven, still spends most of his time in London.
Source: Read Full Article