Boy, 14, in school uniform killed with 'samurai sword for his electric scooter' and died protecting pal in East London

A BOY in school uniform was killed for his electric scooter by a thug with a samurai sword, witnesses say.

The 14-year-old lad, known by pals as Fares, was fatally attacked outside a pizza restaurant while allegedly defending his friend in Newham, East London.

His mate says the teenage victim stepped in to protect him during a row before he was stabbed to death on the busy road.

Speaking last night of the attack in Canning Town, the pal told of his final moments.

He wrote online: “If you knew Fares you would know he was never involved in anything.

“You died protecting me bro, where I saw you get stabbed and you dropped I looked at you bro thinking they really got him, most f****** part was they even took his scooter.

“Rest in perfect paradise my bro, love you forever.”

The youngster was knifed in broad daylight just before 4pm.

Another of his pals told followers in a now deleted Instagram post: “That was my boy. It was done with a samurai sword.”

A photo of the victim was later posted on the page, showing him leaning against a wall with the message “rest up my bro”.

Another picture posted online showed the fresh-faced teen giving a middle finger. A caption read: “RIP my killy, love you man”.

Meanwhile, the boy's mum arrived at the scene and fainted after learning it was her son.

The victim was treated outside of Zzetta pizzas on Barking Road by air ambulance paramedics, but he died at 4.30pm.

He is the eleventh and youngest teenager to be knifed to death in the capital this year.

Naz Mulislam, 26, who works in a shop nearby, said: "I saw the kid getting CPR'd.  He was knocked out on the floor.

"Someone from the public was doing CPR. Then after paramedics came, air ambulance came, armed units came.

"It's not something you want to see every day. The mother came, the brother came, the mother passed out when she saw the kid.

"She fell on the floor. The brother ran off looking for the kids.

"He punched a car then ran off. The mum was distraught, she was crying. She was knocked out, she fell on the floor and she wasn't getting up.

"Devastated. She fell over backwards when she saw her son.

"He was still wearing his school uniform. I heard it was three youths, two on a scooter and one ran away."


Mourners stopped to lay flowers in tribute to the slain schoolboy this morning.

One neighbour, Lucy, 28, said: "I saw the paramedics trying to resuscitate him. It was so sad.

"There were loads of paramedics. Armed police turned up briefly.

"The mother collapsed, she fainted. The brother ran screaming. The mum and the daughter couldn't even look. It's so sad. 

"It's a young kid it shouldn't happen, especially in broad daylight. He was a baby. He was in school uniform.

"I could see them covering the body. You knew he was gone. They covered him with a blanket.

"They brought in a forensic team and put a tent up later."

A Met Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 3.56pm to reports of an assault in Barking Road.

“Officers attended with medics from the London Ambulance Service and the London Air Ambulance.

“Efforts are under way to inform the victim’s next of kin.

“A crime scene is in place and the public can expect to see an increased police presence in the area.

“Enquiries are ongoing and there have been no arrests.”

This comes as police are probing the stabbing of a 22-year-old after a group of people were seen fighting in Goldsworthy Gardens, Bermondsey.

Cops said: "Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service and found a 22-year-old man with stab injuries.

"He was taken to a south London hospital with life-threatening injuries. We await a full assessment of his condition."

    Source: Read Full Article