Man robs NYC Chase Bank one day after he’s freed in another heist

More On:


Wild video shows brutes savagely beat NYC bodega worker over a case of a beer

Cops seek help in hunt for man who killed Philadelphia Dunkin’ Donuts manager

Terrifying video shows resident disarming fake Amazon worker

Tourist mugged in Times Square: cops

An alleged thief was collared shortly after sticking up a Manhattan bank on Thursday — just one day after he was cut loose in an earlier bank heist, The Post has learned.

Chi Ngo is accused of pulling off the robberies at two separate Chase Banks in as many days, according to sources and court documents.

The sticky-fingered 52-year-old was first nabbed Tuesday after allegedly swiping $2,300 in cash from a Chase on Canal Street just after 10:30 a.m., according to a criminal complaint.

“I got a gun with me,” he wrote in a note handed to a bank teller, the court document shows. “This is a bank robbery. Put the cash in the bag. I will use it.”

Cops caught up with Ngo and found a hammer and box cutter on him, the complaint says.

Ngo was charged with third-degree robbery, a felony, criminal possession of a weapon and possession of burglar’s tools, according to court records.

He was sprung at his arraignment on Wednesday after a prosecutor requested supervised release — a move that was granted by Judge Herb Moses, Manhattan District Attorney’s Office said.

Ngo allegedly wasted no time getting back to work — knocking over a Chase Bank on Fifth Avenue near West 44th Street just after noon Thursday, according to sources.

In that case, he slid a note to a teller demanding money — before fleeing with $100, cops said.

Sources said Ngo was arrested just minutes later outside the bank.

Charges were still pending Thursday afternoon in his most recent arrest.

Court records indicate that Ngo has been previously convicted of a crime but no details were given.

Additional reporting by Craig McCarthy

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article