CONOR McGREGOR is back in the Octagon tonight when he faces Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone at UFC 246.
The Notorious, 31, has been out of action since October 2018 when he was defeated by Khabib Nurmagomedov in a fourth-round submission loss at UFC 229.
When is UFC 246?
- UFC 246 gets underway TONIGHT – Saturday, January 18.
- The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas plays host to the card.
- 12 fights will take place across the main card, the prelims and the early prelims.
What time does McGregor vs Cerrone start?
- McGregor vs 'Cowboy' Cerrone is the main event of the card, and will start at around 5am UK time – that is 9pm in Las Vegas.
- As Claudia Gadelha vs Alexa Grasso has been cancelled because Grasso failed to make weight, one less fight means an earlier start is expected for McGregor vs Cerrone.
- The main card gets underway from 3am, with the prelims starting from 1am and the early prelims from 11.30pm.
How can I watch UFC 246?
- UFC 246 will be broadcast on BT Sport Box Office in the UK.
- The card costs £19.95 to purchase.
- BT Sport Box Office is on Sky channel 490, BT channel 494, and in the live events section on Virgin Media.
- It will be live streamed on BT Sport's website and their app after purchase.
- In the US, the card will be shown on PPV on ESPN+.
- Ahead of the main event, McGregor has officially tipped the scales at his highest weight EVER – right on the 170lbs welterweight limit.
What is the fight card?
Main card (BT Sport Box Office from 3am)
- Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone (Welterweight)
- Holly Holm vs Raquel Pennington (Women's Bantamweight)
- Aleksei Oleinik vs Maurice Greene (Heavyweight)
- Claudia Gadelha vs Alexa Grasso (Women's Strawweight) – CANCELLED, as Grasso came in 5lbs over the weight limit.
- Anthony Pettis vs Carlos Diego Ferreira (Lightweight)
Prelims (BT Sport from 1am)
- Roxanne Modafferi vs Maycee Barber (Women's Flyweight)
- Andre Fili vs Sodiq Yusuff (Featherweight)
- Drew Dober vs Nasrat Haqparast (Lightweight)
- Chas Skelly vs Grant Dawson (Featherweight)
Early prelims (UFC Fight Pass from 11.30pm)
- Sabina Mazo vs JJ Aldrich (Women's Flyweight)
- Tim Elliott vs Askar Askarov (Flyweight)
- Brian Kelleher vs Ode Osbourne (Bantamweight)
- Aleksa Camur vs Justin Ledet (Light Heavyweight)
What have they said?
McGregor: "I've made mistakes and I'm man enough to admit them and correct them."
Cowboy: "I'm going to go out there and stand up with him because that's what everyone wants to see.
"I'd rather go down in history as having the greatest fight ever and losing than fighting to just win and winning."
Source: Read Full Article